Here are some little known facts and pointers from the MLS that are important for you to know.
- AVM field (Automated Valuation Model) – This field is on the Export tab when you enter or edit a listing and if left checked, could prevent the listing from being sent to Zillow and similar sites in data feeds from the MLS.
- Limited service – The Department of Justice (DOJ) ruled several years ago that all MLS’s are required to make provisions for Limited Service and MLS Entry Only listings.
- Brokerage interest – If you or your broker own, have equitable interest, or are related to the seller of the property, or if the seller is a licensed real estate agent, this must be disclosed to the public in the Brokerage Interest field.
- Non-member MLS access – Not everyone who accesses the MLS as a real estate agent is a Realtor member. But the MLS fees vary based on your membership level. If you are a Realtor through ECAR, your MLS fees are $30 per month. If you’re not a member with ECAR, but a Realtor through another Board, your MLS fees are $55 per month. If you’re not a Realtor at any Board, your MLS fees are $80 per month.
- REO/Bank Owned – If you’re listing a property that is Bank Owned or REO, this must be disclosed in both the Sale Type field and the first statement in the public Remarks field.
- SqFt (HVAC) – If the square footage on the listing does not match the HVAC Square Feet on the county Property Appraiser’s record, this must be disclosed in the private Agent to Agent Remarks (Agent Notes).
- Builder vs Seller – You cannot include the builder name in any of the public fields if the builder is also the seller. This applies to the public Remarks, photos, public documents, etc.
If you have any questions on these points, please call us at 850-244-2411, or email email@example.com.
Susan Beck, MLS Director
Emerald Coast Association of Realtors®
Fort Walton Beach, FL