With more and more Supra customers using the eKey app on their phone, Supra has recognized that they need an easier way for customers to get a new authorization code for their app. You can now get that code without having to call Supra or ECAR. All you need is your key serial number and your PIN code.
A new authorization code is needed any time you install the eKey app on a new or existing device. We get this call at least 10 times a week, usually when someone gets a new phone and their eKey no longer works.
So here is the information straight from Supra on how to get the Authorization Code. I’ve added in a few notes of my own to help clarify some points.
Dear eKEY Customer,
We are very excited to announce a new way for an existing eKEY® user to obtain an eKEY authorization code.
Your members that have an eKEY can now request an authorization code from within the eKEY app. This is useful if they are moving their eKEY service to a new phone* or if they receive a 9B0D error when the eKEY gets out of sync with the server.
* If you are installing the eKey app on a new device, and get the screen with an option to Activate or Demo, choose Demo. You will still need your eKey number which will not be available in Demo mode, so you may want to record the number from your previous device somewhere safe outside the app for future reference.
* Step 2 below requires having your eKey serial number. It is located in the top banner of the eKey app, but is not visible once you go into the SupraWeb icon. Be sure to make note of the key number BEFORE opening the SupraWeb icon.
To obtain an eKEY authorization code from Mobile SupraWEB:
- Select the SupraWEB icon from within the eKEY app (on the 2nd page of icons), or navigate to supraweb.suprakim.com on your smartphone.
- Enter eKEY serial number. The eKEY serial number can be found at the top of the eKEY home screen.
- Enter 4-digit PIN.
- Select the Association/MLS from the dropdown list. (Florida – Emerald Coast)
- Select Login.
- Select Authorization Code
- The authorization code will be emailed to the email address on file in SupraNET. *
* Please note that this authorization will expire at midnight of that day. Be sure to input the code into your eKey app the same day it’s generated.
For more information on Mobile SupraWEB, please see the Mobile SupraWEB Guide:
Please feel free to share the attached announcement with your members.
In order to always have your key serial number when you need it, I recommend making a note of it now, using your phone’s Notes app, or something similar. Do NOT record your PIN code as well. That would be a violation of the Key System Rules and carries a $75 fine.
Questions? Call us at 850-244-2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susan Beck, MLS Director
Emerald Coast Association of Realtors®
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Santa Rosa Beach, FL