Help A Child, Help A Marine
Like to play golf? Enjoy shopping? Want to help local children? What about helping a local Marine injured in Afghanistan?
You can do all of this in one event!
ECAR’s Realtor® Outreach Committee presents the Toys for Tots Golf Tournament Saluting Gunnery Sgt. John Hayes on Monday, October 1 at the Eglin Golf Course in Niceville. The shot gun tee-off/scramble time is 12:00 p.m. sharp and will be limited to the first 120 players (30 teams). Lunch is planned for 11:30 a.m. as well as refreshments, carts, goodie bags, door prizes, awards, cocktails, and hors d’oeuvres.
Last year Toys for Tots distributed more than 17,000 toys and collected $43,000 in donations. The more toys collected, the more local children can be helped. This year’s Golf Tournament is the first event to official kick-off the Toys for Tots season. Help us make Christmas possible for thousands of children in need.
Gunnery Sgt. Hayes began his assistance with Toys for Tots in 2009, when Emerald Coast Toys for Tots Coordinator (and Realtor®) Susan Rood first called. He has been a proud supporter ever since. In 2010, Gunny Hayes lost both his legs and was critically injured while stationed in Afghanistan. Gunny Hayes helped Toys for Tots and our local area – now it’s our turn to give back. Homes for Our Troops will build a customized home for Gunny Hayes. Bid on items at the Silent Auction and all of the proceeds will go to Homes for Our Troops, specifically to Gunny Hayes home.
There are multiple ways you can participate:
- Sign up a team to play golf – $300 for the team ($75 per person)
- Bring a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots – enter to win an iPad
- Bid on Silent Auction items during the Tournament – proceeds from the auction will go towards the completion of a new home for Gunny Hayes through Homes For Our Troops
- Sponsor the Golf Tournament – there are plenty of levels to choose from, something for every budget.
- Donate Silent Auction items
Contact Michaela Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-243-6145 for more information, to sponsor, or to sign up your team!