2012 Dues Disclosure
2012 Dues Disclosure
To comply with applicable tax rules and regulations and to comply with USPS second class postage permit requirements for FAR’s Florida Realtor® and NAR’s Realtor® magazine, it is necessary for Associations/Boards to include the following disclosures on their 2012 member dues billing:
1. Portions of your dues used for lobbying purposes that are not deductible on federal income tax returns are: Florida Realtors (23%) and National Association Realtors (31% or 37%).
2. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and will be used for political purposes and support of state, local, and federal candidates and political parties and in issue initiatives. Making a contribution is not a condition of membership in the Association and a member may refuse to contribute without suffering any reprisal. Seventy percent of each contribution is used by RPAC-Florida and RPIC Florida to support state and local candidates and state and local issues. Consult your local Association /Board for the exact percentage going toward each. The balance is sent to National RPAC and is charged against your contribution limits prescribed by 2 U.S.C. 441a. Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
3. Payments to the Association/Board of Realtors® are not deductible as charitable contributions. Such payments may, however, be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses.
4. Dues include a $3.50 allocation to Florida Realtor® magazine and a $6 allocation to NAR’s Realtor® magazine.
5. Your 2012 dues includes a $35 mandatory assessment by the National Association of Realtors® for all Realtors® and Realtor-Associates® to fund a nationwide public awareness campaign that includes TV network and cable ads highlighting the value a Realtor® brings to a transaction and stressing the importance of using a Realtor®.
6. Your 2012 dues also include a $10 mandatory, non-pro-ratable assessment by the Florida Realtors® for the advocacy fund.
7. 2012 dues of all members are payable in advance and due on the thirty first day of December to receive discount. No discount can be taken after December 31. If the dues are not paid by January 15, all member services, including MLS, will be suspended. After January 15, a late fee of 10 percent of the total dues will be added to the bill. If dues plus any penalties are not paid by February 1, membership will be terminated automatically. If membership is terminated by ECAR an application fee of $220.00 will be added. After February 18, an additional $30 will be added for Florida Realtors® Processing Fee.